About the Odeon
The Bradford Odeon – formerly the Gaumont and the New Victoria – was built in 1930 using local materials and local labour.
It was a concert hall, a ballroom, a bingo hall, a cinema, and the centre of Bradford’s social and cultural life.
Empty since 2000, it was due for demolition to make way for an office block, but was saved at the last minute in 2012 when the developer pulled out of the plan.
The people of Bradford have campaigned for years to save this landmark building, and now bidders have the opportunity to put forward plans to redevelop it.